Destroy the Planet
Destroy the Planet is a clicker/idle game where the goal is to pollute and consume!
NOTE: The web version of the game might perform poorly, especially in Chrome. Use the downloadable versions for best performance.
This game was originally created for Godot Wild Jam #36. The theme of the jam was "Uncontrollable Growth".
The objective is to either pollute the planet to the max. You have five types of buildings, factories being the main ones since they are the only type that generate money and also produce much more pollution than others. However, building other types of buildings add bonuses to your factories.
Clicking on empty places generates some money which can be useful at the beginning. Later on, you can use the "Manual Cycle" option of buildings to increase production. Click on a factory, and then under "Manual Cycle" click on the "Perform" button.
- You start with $100. Use it to build a factory. Just click on the top-most icon on the toolbar and click on a location on the planet.
- Your factory starts generating money. You can generate more by clicking on an empty space.
- When you've gathered $200, you can build build one of the other four types of buildings.
- Factories generate money and pollution based on the following criteria:
- Factory level. You can upgrade buildings by clicking on them and then clicking on the upgrade button on the left panel (if available).
- Reach. The percentage of population the factory can sell to. Build Ad Agencies to generate ads and increase reach.
- Population. The more people there are, the more you can sell.
- Amount of power available. Build powerplants to generate more power.
- The amount of minerals available. Build mines to increase mining level.
- You need to max out pollution to win the game.
- After a building's level is maxed out, you have the option to temporarily boost its performance by clicking on the Boost button.
- Degraded performance and audio glitches in the browser especially in the endgame. Firefox seems to be much better than in Chrome, but not completely fine.
- This game uses the Godot Game Engine.
Copyright (c) 2007-2021 Juan Linietsky, Ariel Manzur.
Copyright (c) 2014-2021 Godot Engine contributors.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
-- Godot Engine
- Secula Font. OFL.
- Smoke Particles by Kenney. CC0.
- UI Audio Pack by Kenney. CC0.
- Missle launch sound. CC0.
- Rough Rumble sound. CC0.
- Music: Big Eyes by Rafael Krux. CC0. Obtained from here.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Update 4 - Major changesSep 26, 2021
- Update 3 - More small tweaks and bug fixesSep 06, 2021
- Second Update - Visual Updates, Tweaks, and Bug FixesAug 31, 2021
- First post-jam updates landed.Aug 28, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Amazing, took me about10-30minutes to complete. I wouldnt max out on factories, but have an even amount in terms of coal mining. Please add an option to mute the music as it got annoying the more I played
If you press escape, you get volume sliders were you can turn down music, or mute it altogether. I know this is not super obvious, but I couldn't do any better during the jam period. Hopefully the post-jam update in the weekend makes things clearer. Thanks for playing.
UPDATE FOR FUTURE READERS: There's also a button at the bottom-left of the screen to access the settings page.
Hiiii, I've made a video about the game and wanted to share some feedback about it, hopefully it is useful to you ^^-The idea of the game is interesting and fun.
-The gameplay mechanics are esay to get into and well thought to fit the main idea.
-The visual style of the game is simple, but it's nice and has what the game needs :)
Hopefully this is useful to you :D, also if you could subscribe that would help me a lot :)